WARNING: The following content may cause you to go into a YouTube blackhole!
Did you know that when you listen to your favourite music or discover a new favourite song your brain releases dopamine (the "feel good" neurochemical)?
I don’t need any more excuses to listen to happy brain juice inducing songs so here is a list of 10 songs to get your groove on to – remember taking a few breaks a day at work and watching something funny or entertaining increases your productivity!
Katrina & The Waves, Walking On Sunshine makes me want to strut around my apartment recreating dance moves from the 80’s.
2. The song that plays in my head every time I walk down the street. I’m Too Sexy, by Right Said Fred.
3. Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it’s Bob Marley time: Three Little Birds released in 1977 is giving me some serious blissed out island vibes.
4. Channel Whitney by singing this beaut at the top of your lungs! I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) - Whitney Houston.
5. I defy you to not feel upbeat after listening to this hit from 2006. The Holloways with Generator.
6. I love this song to hard it hurts. I want to jump in the line! Lets start a congo line! From the King of Calypso, Harry Belafonte with Jump in the Line.
7. I can’t get over the facial hair on display here, you gotta check it out. Hall and Oates, You Make My Dreams.
8. Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want to Have Fun. ‘Nuff said.
9. Remember when Kangol hats were in fashion? The DJ from Deelite in this 1990 classic does; Groove Is In The Heart.
10. Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy. In it Bobby promises to give you his phone number in case you ever worry you can call him and he will make you happy. Thanks Bobster!
11. Curtis Mayfield, Move on Up. The band here are so achingly cool, I dream for the day that shirts with 4 foot collars are back en vogue.
What’s your favourite happy song?